Now that I have seen, I am responsible
Faith without deeds is dead
Now that I have held you in my own arms, I cannot let go till you are
...
I will tell the world, I will tell them where I've been
I will keep my word
I will tell them Albertine

- Brooke Fraser

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Alberto is back!

I found out that Alberto is now back at Casa Jackson, so thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.  He is apparently still a little under the weather but he is doing a lot better!  Praise God!

A little about what I've been up to the last couple days...
The Chapel and Dining Area I helped dig the trenches for!
But the last two mornings have been spent at one of Impact's schools - Colegio Vida de Mocohan.  Every child who attends an Impact school gets an annual checkup so we are working through all of the children there.  It is such a blessing to be able to help these children!  Also this is the school where my team did our construction project four years ago.  We were digging trenches for a future dining and worship area.  And now it is complete!  Every morning the children have morning assembly, which is one of the most moving things I think anyone can experience, and this happens in the building that I had a hand in 'building'.  It is so cool how God works and allows us to see things that He has allowed to be brought into completion that we each have a hand in.  God is definitely good and these children understand and believe that.  They worship with all their hearts and during prayer time feel no shame in asking God to help them or just to praise Him out loud.  Worship is something else here.  It is not just one more thing to do on the checklist of Christianity but it is sought after and something children long for.  One of the boys that I believe I talked about from when I was in Tactic with my Trinity team was able to get a job at the school as he is 19 and because of his age cannot further his education past the grade 4 level he received with Impact.  But he is the custodian there because he couldn't imagine now having that time of worship and learning.  Wow, Lord give me that passion and longing.  This trip has taught me a lot so far and one of those things is definitely a longing to be in His presence all the time, to fall in love more and more with my Creator and Father.  And a lot of this was learned from the children.  I think we all could benefit from stepping back from our lives and observing children.  We can learn to laugh and live without worry, we can learn to accept the truth and not always need to know how or why, we can learn to rest, etc.  I am just so grateful to be able to observe these children and really be challenged to grow closer to God.
Love you all and I hope you can be challenged too.
Blessings.
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment