Now that I have seen, I am responsible
Faith without deeds is dead
Now that I have held you in my own arms, I cannot let go till you are
...
I will tell the world, I will tell them where I've been
I will keep my word
I will tell them Albertine

- Brooke Fraser

Tuesday 3 May 2011

First experiences in Guatemala

I’m sorry this is going to be short because today was jam packed with exciting adventures and classes so I am exhausted and still have a Spanish quiz to study for (crazy, one day into classes and the homework is already full force!).  Anyways for the exciting things…
My day of travel went really smoothly.  I made all of my connections and my luggage arrived complete (minus one wheel)!  I had a few hours at LAX before I left for Houston and this time was extremely rewarding for me.  God used this time to open my eyes to what was to come and just gave me peace that everything was going to work out for His perfect preplanned will for the trip. 
Once I arrived in Guatemala, we drove to our new home for the next 23 days!  It is so beautiful and full with lush gardens, amazing quiet places, great food, and good people.  I am rooming with one of my greatest friends and mentors, so that is super great!
Today started early with breakfast and then classes.  I couldn’t believe how much Spanish I lost, as I haven’t been in Spanish for a few weeks.  But it is all coming back and I have already learned so much.  After lunch we went into town today and saw some of the beautiful cathedrals and ruins, and most excitingly the amazing people.  I was able to interact with some Guatemalans using Spanish, which was super exciting.  I bought 5 oranges in the market using only Spanish!
God is so good.  Although this day has been overwhelming, I know my time with Trinity Western is really going to be a life changing experience.  I have found a special place where I can rest, read, and meet with God.  It is a hammock (I think I may need to buy one for home) that overlooks a water feature with lush plants surrounding it and also has a view of one of the surrounding volcanoes.  This place is great and I cannot wait for what is to come in the form of cultural experience, knowledge of the Spanish language, and most importantly, the teaching and transformation that is to come in my journey with my Creator.
I love you all and wish you could all be here in this amazing place.
The Group!



No comments:

Post a Comment