Now that I have seen, I am responsible
Faith without deeds is dead
Now that I have held you in my own arms, I cannot let go till you are
...
I will tell the world, I will tell them where I've been
I will keep my word
I will tell them Albertine

- Brooke Fraser

Thursday 16 June 2011

The Best Hug

This week we have been doing check ups at Chamche school which is really nice because we can walk to work.  But it isn't the same as Mocohan.  The kids come from families that are generally more well off than those in Mocohan.  This is the first school that Impact started so there is a certain sense of pride that is not evident at other schools.  The atmosphere is just different.  Maybe I just have my heart in Mocohan, I don't know.  
Me telling Yoselina that I am her patrocinadora
Her response - the best hug ever!
Yesterday, we went back to Mocohan to complete a few follow up appointments.  There is a boy, Oscar, who has a really bad ear infection and will need surgery as it has been chronic and his tympanic membrane is perforated.  Unfortunately, his twin brother has a heart murmur that also requires surgery.  Hopefully, with help from Impact, they can get these surgeries.  So we checked up on both of them and a few other students.  I woke up with joy that morning knowing I would be able to worship with these children that have changed my life and also get to see Yoselina again.  We finished all of the check ups just before recess started.  When I walked out of the room we were using, two girls immediately ran to me - one being Yoselina.  So with the help of Walter (the doctor's husband), I told her that I was now her sponsor, loved, her very much, and would be praying for her every day.  She was shocked speechless and just gave me the biggest hug - the best hug ever!  She was so happy.  You could see it in her eyes.  Once the bell rang signalling the end of recess, we said our goodbyes.  But she wouldn't let go of me.  I did not want to let go of her either.  Finally, we parted ways but I made sure she knew that she would see me again.  I plan to make a house visit to her place and spend more time with her.  She is a beautiful child of God and I am so happy and blessed to be able to call her my sponsor child.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment