Now that I have seen, I am responsible
Faith without deeds is dead
Now that I have held you in my own arms, I cannot let go till you are
...
I will tell the world, I will tell them where I've been
I will keep my word
I will tell them Albertine

- Brooke Fraser

Thursday 28 June 2012

Spirit of God would you fall in this place

Guatemala is amazing.  I can't describe to you how great it is.  I feel peace, joy, and love here.  I feel at home as I am surrounded by sisters and brothers in Christ.  I wish I could write about everything that I have experienced but I cannot.  It is hard to express how good God is and what He is doing in the lives of the people here - including mine.
I do not have time to write much tonight but I will quickly say that God is moving and making a huge difference here.  We are being challenged and changed through God's grace.  Today we went to one of Impact's schools and during the worship devotional God's Spirit was so tangible. The children were worshiping with all of their hearts - so passionately.  There were children bowing before the Lord spontaneously.  They were thanking God with all of their hearts - even though they live in the poorest area that Impact is involved in.  Once again during the song that says "I believe in you and what you are doing in me, Receive all the glory and all the honor" I was brought to tears.  Afterwards during a prayer time, we were asked to raise our hands if wanted God to have all of our lives.  By the end of the prayer I was really crying and just felt God so close to me.  I will tell you more individually about this experience but God was really tangible and there with all of the students and our group.  It was amazing and something that I wish I could never be apart from.
God is so good and doing amazing things.

Blessings and love.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing from your time in guratemala. I enjoy hearing about what it is like there, and remembering the time I spent there.

    hope all is going well.

    ReplyDelete