Now that I have seen, I am responsible
Faith without deeds is dead
Now that I have held you in my own arms, I cannot let go till you are
...
I will tell the world, I will tell them where I've been
I will keep my word
I will tell them Albertine

- Brooke Fraser

Thursday 21 June 2012

Back to the place that holds a piece of my heart

I am currently sitting at the Vancouver Airport waiting for my flight to LAX where I will meet up with my dad and then fly out tomorrow to Guatemala - the place that truly holds a piece of my heart.  I cannot believe I am already going back and am so excited to see how God has been working there and what He has in store for my dad and I.  This is going to be a really special trip as my dad and I haven't been able to spend that much time together as he is busy with work and I am away at school.  He has never been on a missions trip and I am actually so excited to see God rock his world.  I really believe Guatemala is a place where God changes lives (as He changed mine) and I can't wait to see how it affects my dad!  I will try to keep my blog updated on our travels in Guatemala and work with Impact Ministries!  
Thank you for everyone who has been praying.  Please continue to pray for safety and open hearts to what God would have us do.
Thank you so much!  
Lots of love, Rebecca

Never consider whether or not you are of use - but always consider that you are not your own - you are His! 
-Oswald Chambers

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are sharing a piece of your life online. It's so encouraging to see how God is working in your life. What a special time you'll have with your dad. You should get him to do a guest post on your blog while you are there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I am really looking forward to this time and know it will be special indeed! God is so good!
      And good idea - I will try and convince him to! :)

      Delete
  2. I cannot believe!? this time has come for you to go back to Guatemala. Have a fabulous trip with your dad and enjoy the array of colour in the landscape, markets, and people. I pray that you will both come back changed and encouraged. Go and be a blessing, and come back blessed.

    This is what I pray:
    2 Thessalonians 1:11-12
    With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his
    power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. We pray this so that the
    name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord
    Jesus Christ.

    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melinda. Your friendship is such a blessing to me. Love you and really appreciate your prayers! We will do something when I get back.

      Delete