Now that I have seen, I am responsible
Faith without deeds is dead
Now that I have held you in my own arms, I cannot let go till you are
...
I will tell the world, I will tell them where I've been
I will keep my word
I will tell them Albertine

- Brooke Fraser

Monday 15 August 2011

Hit with Reality.

Now is a time when I wish I was in Guatemala.  Shocking reality hits.  My friend and roommate, Ingrid, is going through a really tough time.  I don't know if you read my post from a while ago about Marvin, her brother.  He had a brain tumor.  It seemed like God had healed him for he felt a peace and the doctors could not find anything on the scan the day he was booked to have brain surgery.  But a few weeks ago things went really down hill.  He was suffering a lot and I just found out that last Friday God took him away at the age of 22.  Thank the Lord that he is now pain free but what about all the people left on Earth who truly were trusting God to heal him?  What about all the people who are now so filled with pain and grief?  I am in shock.  It is always so difficult to hear about people dying at such young ages.  They did not live their life and have a family.  But I guess he fulfilled his purpose here on Earth...

Lord, You only know why Marvin is with You now.  You chose not to heal Him.  Your ways are perfect.  Please help us to understand, and if not understand at least know that You work for the good of all who love You and that Your plans are perfect.  Give Marvin's family peace.  Help them to not doubt but to know You are with them through this and know how they feel for you too lost your son.  Thank you for Marvin's life and thank you for your love.



Please pray for Ingrid and her family - Julio (her older brother), Julie (Julio's fiance), Don Julio (her father) and Doña Juanita (her mother). 

No comments:

Post a Comment